Qualifications for Registration
We are very serious here at FishBid.net in presenting you a pleasant and safe place for buying and selling items online. We will not tolerate any sort of fraud, scamming, or illegal activity of any sort in this auction or on this web site. Persons engaging in such will be terminated from this site and may be subject to both criminal and civil prosecution. Below are the legalities we are required to state and which you agree to abide by when registering to bid or sell on FishBid.net:
Article 1. Eligibility of membership – This site is only available to people who are legally able to form binding contracts as the seller/buyer of an auction item. People who are of under the age of 18 are not eligible for membership. If you do not meet these requirements, you are not eligible to use these auction services.
Article 2. We are only providing auction services. We only provide services to people interested in selling and buying merchandise via internet auction. We do not have control over the items that are posted in the auction site, and cannot guarantee the authenticity and quality of the products. We are not responsible for the actions the sellers/buyers take before, during, and after the auction, typographical errors, misprints, loss of merchandise/money, damage or failure of equipment, due to your visit to this auction site. Use of this site is at your own risk, and content is presented ‘As-Is’.
Article 3. Bidding and Selling: As a user, you may bid and/or sell merchandise via this site. As a bidder, you know that placing a bid is a binding contract between you and the seller, and the bid cannot be retracted unless due to fault by the seller of errors in the item description, or other error, on the seller’s part. Once you place a bid, and if you win, you will be obligated to buy the item at the price you indicated as your bid. Placing a bid on this auction site, and winning, then not paying for the product is illegal in most states, and prosecution can result. As a seller, the item that you place up for bids must be real. Once a bid has been placed for your item, you are being placed in a binding contract with the potential buyer of the product, if that bid shall be the highest bid. Once the auction is over, if over reserve price, you are obligated to sell to the potential buyer which is the highest bidder in your auction. If, reserve price was not met, you are not obligated in any way to sell this item at all. As a seller, you are not in any way allowed to bid on your own items. If reported, your auction will be deleted.
Article 4. Posting Items – As a user, you are welcome to post items up for sale in the auction. We do have restrictions on what items you may sell, and what you may not sell. You may not sell illegal merchandise. Items that are posted for bids are subject to review by the staff, and may be removed without prior notice, if in violation of the User Agreement.
Article 5. Charges – Bidding on an item, and registering are free on this site. Do not abuse this privilege. Posting an item is free for standard listing but there is a small charge for listing upgrades.
Article 6. Privacy – We gather your information so that other people will have it on hand when they win your auction, or you win their auction. Personal information is not sold or rented. Personal information sent to a user regarding a product bought or sold on the auction is not to be used for any other purpose, except for communication with the auction item.
Article 7. Warranty: We provide this website in an ‘as-is’ condition,’ without a warranty or condition. We are not liable for any damages resulting in an auction, or your visit to the site.
Suspension or Termination
Here are some things that will get you suspended, terminated, and/or prosecuted:
* Giving us false information when registering, such as a false name or fraudulent contact information.
* We are against Spam and we respect the privacy of our users. We do not use “cookies” or any other method to gather information about other than legitimate registration. We use your e-mail address for contacting buyers or sellers only. Any use of this private information by anyone else is strictly prohibited and we WILL take action.
* Don’t bid unless you intend to buy. Don’t offer an item unless you intend to follow though with the winning bidder. For a buyer or seller not to honor an auction bid is illegal in many states.
* Don’t list items in inappropriate categories just to get additional exposure or for any other reason. Violators of this policy are subject to suspension or termination. If you have something that does not fit any of our categories, please e-mail us at the address below and request that category be added to the auction.
* No sellers can bid on their own products to artificially raise the selling price.
* Any one attempting to compromise the safety, security, data integrity, service, or any other fact of this auction will be suspended or terminated and WILL face possible legal action. We’ve worked hard to present this auction opportunity for you and will not allow one or two to ruin it for the many.
* Any one attempting to post illegal merchandise. Links within your auctions to sites violating the above are included. Items that are posted for bids are subject to review by the staff, and may be removed without prior notice, if in violation of the User Agreement.
Conditions of Service
1. This auction acts only in providing a place for buyers and sellers to buy and sell approved items. We have no control over quality, usability, legality, of the items put up here for auction. In other words, we provide this website in an ‘as-is’ condition, without a warranty or condition. We are not liable for any damages resulting in an auction, or your visit to the site. We are not responsible or liable for any damages caused or alleged to be caused directly, indirectly, incidentally, or consequentially by anything on or related to this auction site.
2. We cannot and will not get involved in disputes between users. In the case that you have such a dispute, by registering on this site, you are releasing this auction and its agents, employees, and assignees, and any affiliated companies or individuals from any claims , suspected and unsuspected, whether disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of, or in any way connected to, any disputes. We suggest and expect that users will employ common good business practices and personal courtesy to avoid disputes. If another user has a complaint with you, please establish a polite dialog with him or her to resolve the dispute to a mutual satisfaction. Above all, when buying something from someone–whether on the internet or anywhere else–your best protection to be an informed buyer.
3. We cannot, and will not, be held responsible for any interruption in service, caused by any means, therefore we cannot guarantee continual, uninterrupted service as our website could be interfered with by means out of our control.
4. The use of a trademark or service mark in your auctions should be capitalized and indication as such.
5. We reserve the right to remove anyone from this auction site at any time for any reason we deem sufficient and without explanation required.
6. We will not tolerate violations of law or regulations by any actions, especially those that are libelous, threatening, harassing, or obscene.